没有恶意
2014-12-18来源:易贤网

1. He was sent up for three years.

他蹲了三年监狱。

►send up 发射,射出;使…上升(或上涨);讽刺,挖苦,为嘲弄而模仿。在口语中有“判决坐牢”的意思

2. If she finds out, the balloon will go up.

要是她发现可就糟了。

3. She has no qualms about lying.

她撒起谎来脸都不带红的。

4. Answer me unambiguously.

请正面回答。

5. Actually I’m a man of the old school.

其实我很传统。

►the old school 旧的,旧式样的;保守派,守旧派。而与此相对的the new school 就是新式派的意思。

e.g. Her father, whom she loved dearly, was of the old school. 她的父亲,她深爱的父亲,却是老派人物。

6. Some work experience will stand you in good stead.

积累点工作经验对你有好处。

►stand sb. in good stead 给某人好处,对某人有利,对某人大有帮助

e.g. My father's words stand me in good stead for the rest of my life. 父亲的话对我一生都很有帮助。

7. You’re fighting a losing battle.

不要垂死挣扎了。

►losing battle 必败之仗,取胜无望的战斗

e.g. It's a losing battle trying to persuade Henry to take more exercise. 要说服亨利多运动纯属徒劳。

8. You don’t have to be so deferential.

你不必这么恭恭敬敬的。

9. I bear him no malice.

我对他没有恶意。

10. She’s taken up with a bunch of artistes.

她最近经常跟一帮艺人来往。

►take up with 开始与…交往;致力于…,热衷于…;采纳;赞成

e.g. He took up with smugglers. 他和走私犯混到一块儿去了。

更多信息请查看生活口语

推荐信息