生活口语:久旱无雨A drought has set in
2017-08-30来源:易贤网

A:I think a drought has set in. It hasn’t rained a drop for months.我想干旱开始了。几个月都没下一滴雨了。

B:I think so too, but didn't it rain last month?我也这么想。但是上个月没有下雨吗?

A:It did rain last month, but the rainfall was only half the monthly average.上个月是下了雨,不过降雨量只有平均月降雨量的一半。

B:Oh, that bad?噢,那么糟吗?

A:That's right. It's really bad. I am really concerned though not panicked yet.就是啊。真的很糟糕。我非常担心,虽然还没有惊慌的程度。

B:I don't blame you. The pastures have browned out even before the summer hasn't arrived.也难怪你这么想。夏天还没到,牧草都变黄了。

A:Yeah, and the soil has been baked so hard that the plow can’t even break the soil.是啊,土地烤得太干了,犁都犁不动。

B:Look like it's going to be an ongoing thing that would get worse each day.看起来干旱好像在持续,也许会一天比一天糟。

A:Yeah. If it doesn’t rain, it’s going to get critical.是啊。如果不下雨的话,情况会更糟糕。

推荐信息