生活口语:我们得为学校募捐活动筹集够足够的钱
2017-06-23来源:易贤网

A:OK Mark, it’s your turn to ring the doorbell. I did it last time.好吧,Mark,轮到你去按门铃了,上次是我按的。

B:I hate going door to door, and I hate asking for money.我讨厌挨家挨户得按门铃,我讨厌借钱。

A:But we need to raise enough money for the school fundraiser so that our class can win the pizza party! You do want to have a pizza party, don’t you?但是我们得为学校资金筹集人筹集够足够的钱,那样我们班才能获得披萨晚会,你想开个披萨晚会,不是吗?

B:Yes, but...是的,但是……

A:Just go already!去按门铃吧。

B:No one’s coming.没人。

A:Try again.再试试。

B:Maybe there’s no one home.也许家里没人。

A:Of course there’s someone home!There are two cars in the driveway and I see lights on in the house!Hello!Anybody home? We would like to know if you want to sponsor us in our school fundraiser. Fifty percent of the profits go towards the new school playground!家里肯定有人。车道上有两辆车,而且我看到了屋里的灯光。请问家里有人吗?我们想知道您是否愿意资助我们的学校募捐活动。一般的利润将用来建学校的新操场。

B:I don’t know why anyone would want what’s in this catalog anyway. It’s just a bunch of tacky Christmas ornaments, Cd’s of old people singing Christmas songs, and special crackers and cheeses and boxes of chocolates.我不明白为什么大家都想知道这个登记薄里有什么。这只是一串俗气的圣诞饰品。 人们唱圣诞歌曲的CD和一些特殊的饼干,奶酪和巧克力箱子。

A:You don’t like chocolates?你不喜欢巧克力?

B:Not this kind.They’ve got weird names like ganache and praline.这种不喜欢,他们有像甘纳许和杏仁糖这类的奇怪名字。

A:Look! I just saw someone walking around inside! These people are being very rude!看,我刚刚看到有人在里面走哦那个,这些人真粗鲁。

B:Finally, someone’s coming!还好,有人来了。

A:They don’t look too happy.他们看起来不高兴。

B:Hi, sir. Would you like to sponsor us or make a donation to…?你好,先生,你愿意资助我们或是捐钱给……?

A:What grade are you kids in?你们读几年?

B:Grade seven.7年级。

A:Then for goodness sake, don’t you see this sign? Can’t you read?上帝啊,你们没看到这个牌子?你们不识字吗?

B:No soliciting.禁止乞讨。

推荐信息