别累着自己
2017-02-09来源:易贤网

1. Examples abound.

例子举不胜举。

2. Free time is at a premium for him.

他很少有空。

►at a premium 在票面价值以上;极为珍贵,短缺;很受尊重

e.g. Skilled workers are at a premium in this town. 熟练的技工在这个城市里很受青睐。

3. I stopped short of telling him, but only just.

我差点告诉他。

►stop short of 突然停止,决定不做某事;未到达;缺乏

►only just 恰好,刚刚,刚才;好不容易才

>>The Wanted - Chasing the sun:冰河世纪4主题曲<<

We've only just begun... 我们才刚开始...

4. Draw/pull up a chair and sit before me.

拉把椅子过来。

►draw up 草拟,起草;停住;把(椅子等)拉近,使靠近;排好队伍;使(自己)站直

►pull up 把…向上拉;使停下来;提高,改进;把…拉到近处

5. It takes true grit to do it.

做这件事需要真正的勇气。

►true grit 电影《大地惊雷(True Grit)》又译《真实的勇气》

6. It’s my idea of sheer bliss.

我认为这才是真正的幸福。

7. Stop badgering me.

别磨我了。

►badger sb 纠缠某人,烦扰某人

e.g. I'll lay you out if you continue to badger me. 如果你继续纠缠我,我会把你打倒在地的。

8. Sorry for that. I didn’t mean to snub.

我绝非有意怠慢。

9. Don’t overtax yourself.

别累着自己。

10. To be candid, it’s your fault.

坦率地说,是你的错。

►to be candid 坦率地说

to make no bones 毫不掩饰,直率地表示自己的意见

to tell the truth/to be honest/frankly speaking 都可以用来表示自己的真实想法

推荐信息