我妈妈不让我做兼职
2015-09-28来源:易贤网

AWhy are you so upset today, Maria? Cheer up!

玛利亚,今天你的情绪为什么这么低落?振作点!

BOh, Iris, it’s about the job with the PR company.

哎,艾瑞斯,是因为那个公共公司的实习机会.

AIt’s a great opportunity. You should be happy with the offer.

这可是个好机会,你应该高兴才对!

BBut my mother won’t allow me to accept any part-time job. I’m afraid she will say no again.

但是我妈妈老是不让我做兼职,我担心这次她还是不答应.

AWhy? It’s unfair. You can learn a lot from it.

为什么啊?你可以从实习中学到很多东西的.

BShe says a part-time job is a cursed blessing. It takes so much time and energy that I won’t be able to focus on my study.

她总是说兼职是双刃剑,要花很多时间和精力.我就不能专心学习了.

AThat may be true. But I’m sure you’re able to find a balance between them. Why not try it?

有道理.但是我相信你可以再兼职和学习间找到平衡的.为什么不试试呢?

BI turned down quite a few offers before for her sake. But I’m a senior now, I don’t want to miss the chance this time.

我之前因为我妈妈放弃了很多次机会.可是我现在上大四了,我不想再错过这次机会了.

AI agree with you but I think you really need to talk to your mother and tell her what's on your mind.

我支持你!我觉得你应该和你妈妈好好谈谈,告诉她你的想法.

BI’ll try, but what if she insists?

我想试试,要是她坚持不答应怎么办?

AJust let her know that the experience will be both amazing and rewarding. And more importantly, you can manage both your study and the job.

告诉她这次兼职将对你很有帮助,更重要的是,要让她知道你能处理好学习和工作之间的关系.

BDo you think it will work?

你觉得会有用吗?

ASure. Every cloud has its silver lining. Just try.

当然啦!黑暗中总有一线光明的嘛.试试看.

BOk, I’ll do that. Thank you, Iris.

好吧,我试试看!谢谢你,艾瑞斯.

ASure. Good luck, Maria!

不客气,玛利亚,祝你好运!

更多信息请查看入门口语

推荐信息