指望依靠
2015-03-26来源:易贤网

迷你对话:

A: I feel pity for the old man.

我可怜那位老人。

B: I feel the same way.

我也是。

A: It must be dreadful to grow old.

老了真是可怕。

B: Yeah. He has no one to count on.

是呀,他指望不上任何人。

词海拾贝:

1. feel pity for:同情,怜悯

Eg. I feel pity for you, but I can't help you this time.

我同情你,但是这次是帮不了你了。

Eg. She was lazy so I do not feel pity for her now she's lost her job.

她这么懒惰,所以她失业了我也不会同情她。

Eg. I don't feel much pity for her.

我不太同情她。

2. feel the same way:有同感

Eg. They feel the same way about the matter.

他们对此有同感。

Eg. I feel the same way and hope it stays fine the year round.

我有同感,希望一年四季天气总是晴朗。

Eg. I feel the same way about Alan!

我同样感到Alan是为我而造的。

Eg. I feel the same way as my partner does.

我跟我的同事有着同样的感觉。

3. count on:依靠,指望

Eg. That was the only thing they could count on.

那是他们唯一依靠的东西。

Eg. Don' t count on a salary increase this year.

别指望今年会加薪。

Eg. After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.

一次失约,再要人相信你就难了。

Eg. Ben could always count on his sister to help him out of trouble.

本总是会依赖他的妹妹帮他解决困难。

Eg. You can count on him because he is a reliable man.

你可以信赖他,因为他是个可靠的人。

更多信息请查看生活口语

推荐信息