一见到她我就紧张
2014-12-19来源:易贤网

1. You really shone out!

你真是惊艳哪。

►shine out 照射出去

e.g. The rays of lamp shone out through the window. 灯光从窗户射出来。

2. He’s living in squalor.

他住的地方太脏了。

3. This place is a bear garden.

这儿太吵了。

►bear garden 熊园;嘈杂喧闹的场所;没有秩序的集会

4. Pulled out all the stops, ah?

招数全使出来了,啊?

5. My stomach flutters when I see her.

一见到她我就紧张。

6. My reputation is in tatters.

我的名声臭了。

►in tatters 衣衫褴褛的;被粉碎的;彻底破产的

e.g. Peter was dejected his confidence in tatters. 彼得精神沮丧,信心皆无。

7. We set off with glee.

我们兴致勃勃地出发了。

►glee 欢喜,兴奋;(常指)幸灾乐祸;重唱歌曲

美国FOX电视台有一部欢乐的情节音乐喜剧《Glee》(《欢乐合唱团》)

8. You’re in the public eye.

你是公众人物。

►in the public eye 经常在公开场合露面,出名的;众所周知的;广为人知的;受公众瞩目的

9. He has a huge, bulbous nose.

他有个大蒜头鼻子。

10. It’s just an empty threat.

只是虚张声势。

►an empty threat 无力的威胁,虚空的威胁

empty “缺少内容的,缺乏价值的,没有意义的”

I feel empty. 我觉得空荡荡的。

My life is empty. 我的生活很空虚。

Until I met you my world was empty 直到我遇见你 The Sunstreak - Until I Met You

遇见你之前,我的世界如此空虚

更多信息请查看生活口语

推荐信息