一不做二不休
2014-12-19来源:易贤网

1. It’s just chickenfeed for him.

对他来说,那点钱只是九牛一毛。

2. Your house would be repossessed.

你的房子会被收回的。

3. You might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

一不做,二不休。

►as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb 一不做二不休

偷羊偷羊羔一样都是贼,都要被绞死。横竖是死,那就一不做二不休。

4. He’s world-weary and cynical.

他愤世嫉俗。

►world-weary 厌世的,厌弃人生的

e.g. A world-weary person no longer feels excited or enthusiastic about anything. 厌世的人对任何事情都不再感兴趣。

5. Our teacher is a real disciplinarian.

我们的老师很严厉。

6. They work hand and glove.

他们狼狈为奸。

►hand and glove (跟…)亲密无间;(跟…)互相勾结,亦作hand in glove。不仅可以用于狼狈为奸这种反面场合,也可以用于好的场合。

e.g. We are hand and/in glove with each other. 我们俩人情投意合。

7. It happened more by contrivance than by chance.

这事有人设计。

8. Temper your criticism.

批评不要太尖锐。

9. We have to scale back.

我们得缩小规模。

►scale back 按比例缩减,相应缩减

10. You’ve got goose bumps.

你都起鸡皮疙瘩了。

►goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩

goose指鹅,goose bumps翻译成中文却是鸡皮疙瘩

更多信息请查看生活口语

推荐信息