一件棘手的事
2015-04-03来源:易贤网

一、边听边学 Listen and Learn

put one's finger on 确切指出

go overboard 夸张,鲁莽

hard nut to track 艰难的事、棘手的事

get carried away 得意忘形,失去理智

within reason 合理地

make one's hair stand on end 惊骇,恐惧

pull up stakes 迁移

二、边听边说 Listen and Speak

A: I can't put my finger on why business is bad. It's a hard nut to crack.

不知道生意为什么这么不好,这真是一件棘手的事。

B: Do you go overboard when you buy merchandise?

会不会是进货太多了?

A: Sometimes I get carried away but I usually buy within reason.

有时候我是太过投入了,不过通常都是很合理的。

B: Let's try to pinpoint it. Is your rent too high?

让我们把问题搞清楚。是房租太贵了吗?

A: What I pay would make your hair stand on end.

如果你知道我支出了多少钱,你肯定会吓一跳。

B: If that's the problem, maybe you should pull up stakes.

如果问题在这里,或许你得考虑搬家。

更多信息请查看生活口语

推荐信息