口语交际:城市变迁Changes
2017-11-22来源:易贤网

A:Excuse me. Where is Q-Duck? I remember it was around the second intersection of this street.

对不起,请问Q-DUCK 在哪儿?我记得它就在这条街第二个十字路口。

B:Q-Duck? Do you mean the famous roast-duck store?

你指那家著名的烤鸭店吗?

A:Yes, definitely.

是啊,就是那家。

B:They have moved to some other places long time ago.

他们很早以前就搬到别的地方去了。

A:Wow, this place is quite different from ten years ago when I first came to China.

哦,这地方跟我10年前来中国时可大不一样了。

B:Yeah, a lot of changes have happened here.

是啊,这儿变化很大。

A:This street used to have few stores. But now, you can see supermarkets, shopping malls and department stores everywhere.

以前这儿几乎没有什么店铺。但是现在,你到处都能看到超市、购物广场和百货商店。

B:Yeah, they are my wife's heaven, but not mine. I always get lost in the supermarket.

是啊,它们是我太太的天堂,可是不是我的。我总在超市里走丢。

A:Me too! I was lost three times ten years ago. There were no English directions then.

我也是耶!我10年前来时丢了三次。那时可没有英语指路牌。

B:Is that better now?

现在应该好点了吧?

A:Yeah, there are many English signs, and wrong spellings as many as them.

是啊,很多英语标识,还有几乎差不多的拼写错误。

注释:

roast adj. 烘烤的

duck n. 鸭

definite adj. 确定的

store n. 商店

heaven n. 天堂

spelling n. 拼写

推荐信息