口语交际:健康与节食Health And Diet
2017-11-22来源:易贤网

A:Mom, this is your third bowl of rice!

妈妈,这是你的第三碗米饭了!

B:I know but I have no choice. My stomach just keeps crying for more and more.

我知道,但是我没办法,我的胃总是想要吃更多。

A:Why? I never saw you eat so much before.

为什么?以前我从没见过你吃这么多啊。

B:I've been going to the gym these days. The exercise makes me hungry all the time.

我最近去健身房。锻炼时我总是觉得很饿。

A:So your stomach is the one that actually gets a lot of work-out.

你的胃一定做了很多的运动喽!

B:Don't pull my leg.

别拿我开心了。

A:This way you'll probably put on more weight. Will you give up?

这样你可能会增肥的。你会放弃吗?

B:Surely not. I can feel the results. I'm starting to feel different now.

当然不了,我觉得非常有效果。现在,我开始感觉到身体的变化了。

A:Then how are you gonna deal with the problem of getting extra weight?

那你要怎么处理变胖的问题呢?

B:I'm planning to meet my personal trainer to have the work-out plan fixed.

我在考虑见一下我的私人健身教练,改一下健身计划。

A:Oh, I've got an idea. Why don't you ask Dad to go with you? He badly needs some exercise.

哦,我有一个主意。干吗不叫爸爸和你一起去呢?他很需要运动。

B:Your father is a bit too timid. He even doesn't know how to introduce himself.

你爸爸太胆小了。我想他连怎么介绍自己都不知道。

A:He can just say,I'm Benjamin. I'm new and shy.

他只要说,我是本杰明,我是新来的,我很害羞。

B:Girl, don't make fun of your Daddy. But I can introduce him to my personal trainer. Maybe one day he will be a fitness freak instead of a cough potato.

嗨,别拿你爸爸开玩笑。不过,我可以把你爸爸介绍给我的健身教练,也许有一天,你爸爸会变成一个健身狂而不是现在的电视精。

A:Who knows!

谁知道呢!

注释:

stomachache n. 胃痛

badly adv. 极度地

timid adj. 胆怯的

introduce vt. 介绍

shy adj. 害羞的

freak n. 怪人

1.fitness freak: fitness的意思是健康,freak的意思是怪物,有的人疯狂迷恋健身,所以被称为fitness freak(健身狂)。

2. couch potato: couch potato长沙发,土豆,当然这里既没有沙发也没有土豆,这是幽默的手法,因为有的人老看电视,什么都不做,像种在沙发中的土豆一样,意思是“电视精”。

2025公考·省考培训课程试听预约报名

  • 报班类型
  • 姓名
  • 手机号
  • 验证码
推荐信息