口语交际:海上航行Sailing
2017-11-22来源:易贤网

A:Hey, Daniel, how's it going?

嗨,丹尼尔,怎么样了?

B:Hey, Daddy, today I had really a fantastic history class.

嗨,爸爸。今天我上了一堂超棒的课。

A:Wow, it's so strange for you to say things like that. What had happened?

哇,你能说这种话太奇怪了。发生什么事情了?

B:We've learnt the story of Zheng He Sailing to West Ocean. He is a real great navigator.

我们学了郑和下西洋的故事。他真是个伟大的航海家。

A:Did your teacher tell you the route he took?

老师告诉你他的航海路线了吗?

B:Yeah, he, with his fleet, came across the Indian Ocean, and arrived at the east coast of Africa.

是的,他跟他的舰队穿过了印度洋到达了非洲东海岸。

A:Great, do you still remember when he started his voyage?

好的,你记得他什么时候开始的旅行的?

B:Of course, that is from 1405 to 1433, which is in Ming dynasty.

当然,从1405年到1433年,那是在明朝时期。

A:Good, by the way, do you finish reading the book Robinson Crusoe I've bought for you?

好的,问一下,你读完了我给你买的那本鲁滨逊漂流记了吗?

B:Not yet, you know I have a lot of homework to do.

还没有,你知道我有很多家庭作业要做。

A:You should speed up, because the story of Robinson can give you a better understanding about what you learned today.

你应该加快速度,因为鲁滨逊的故事能够帮助你理解今天所学的东西。

B:OK, great Daddy, after supper, I'll embark on it.

好的,伟大的父亲大人,晚饭后,我就开始。

A:That's my boy! Wait, Daniel, when is Pirates of the Caribbean on?

这才是我的小孩,等等,丹尼尔,加勒比海盗什么时候开演?

B:Is it about Captain Jack Sparrow, who wants to find the treasure on the sea?

是不是关于想在海上找到宝藏的杰克船长?

A:Exactly, now, tell me the time.

对啊,告诉我时间。

B:I won't tell you, unless you promise to let me watch it with you.

除非你答应我跟你一起看,我才告诉你。

注释:

navigator n. 航海家

fleet n. 舰队

speed up 加速

embark vi. 从事

Zheng He "Sailing to West Ocean:" 郑和是中国历史上最杰出的航海家。从明永乐三年(1405年)至宣德八年(1433年),郑和先后率领庞大船队七下西洋(明代称加里曼岛以西的海域为西洋),经东南亚、印度洋远航至亚非地区,最远到达红海和非洲东海岸,航海足迹遍及亚、非30多个国家和地区。

推荐信息