口语交际:这是迷信 It\'s an old superstition
2017-11-21来源:易贤网

A:Ok, so who are we going to invite to our dinner party?

好了,那么我们打算邀请谁来参加我们的宴会?

B:Well, we have the Thompsons, the Greens, and the Andersons, about twelve people total.

唔,我们将邀请托马斯一家,格雷一家,安德森一家,大约一共有12个人。

A:Don't forget my friend Andy from the office. He has nothing to do on Friday, so I invited him over.

不要忘了我办公室的朋友安迪。星期五他无事可做,所以我邀请了他过来。

B:But that makes thirteen people! We can't have thirteen people for dinner on Friday!

但是那样就有13个人!星期五我们不能有13个人吃饭!

A:Why can't we?

为什么不能?

B:It's an old superstition. If we have thirteen people at the table, then it means bad luck. Can Andy bring a date?

这是个老迷信。如果我们在饭桌上有13个人,那就意味着运气不好。安迪能带他女朋友来吗?

A:I'm not sure. He just broke up with his girlfriend recently, and I don't think he's in the mood to start again so soon.

我不知道。他最近才和他女朋友分手,我想他没有心情这么快又找一个。

B:But we can't have thirteen for dinner!

但我们不能有13个人吃饭!

A:I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's only a superstition. It really doesn't mean anything.

我想你是在把问题弄大。这只是个迷信,没有任何实际意义。

B:Absolutely not! I refuse to have thirteen people for dinner on Friday!

绝对不是!我拒绝星期五13个人吃饭!

A:Ok, ok. I'll ask my sister to come. That way we'll have fourteen for dinner.

好,好。我要我妹妹也来。那样我们就有14人吃饭。

B:That's better.

那还差不多。

2025公考·省考培训课程试听预约报名

  • 报班类型
  • 姓名
  • 手机号
  • 验证码
推荐信息