口语交际:这是你的跑车吗? Is that your sports car?
2017-11-14来源:易贤网

S:Wow, is that your sports car?

哇,这是你的跑车吗?

O:Yes, do you like it?

是的,你觉得怎么样?

S:I love it! I used to always want to drive a green jaguar. Is it in good condition?

我喜欢它!我以前一直想要一辆绿色的捷豹.这车的车况怎么样?

O:Yt looks good on the outside, but the inside is a different story. It needs a lot of servicing before it can go out on the roads again.

从外面看起来很不错,不过一面就大不一样了.再上路的话可能需要好好保养一下。

S:What's wrong with it?

有什么毛病?

O:Well, first of all, it needs a new engine, which is extremely expensive.

嗯,首先,需要换一个新引擎,那个可能会很贵。

S:When's the last time you had it serviced?

你上一次保养是什么时候?

O:It must have been a few years ago now.

大概是好几年前了。

S:I thought all cars needed regular servicing on a yearly basis.

我觉得每辆车最好每年都做一些定期的保养。

O:They do. Once my son was born, there was no reason to drive this car anymore. It's only a two-seater, you know!

没错.自从我儿子一出生就没有理由再开这辆车了,要知道,毕竟它是两人座的!

S:What else is wrong with it?

还有什么其它毛病吗?

O:The heating controls don't work anymore, so it always feels like it's about 100 degrees in the car—even in the summer!

空调坏了,所以车里从感觉像是有100度,尤其是在夏天!

S:Anything else?

还有吗?

O:The brakes don't really work that well anymore either.

刹车也不太灵了。

S:Why don't you get it all fixed?

你为什么不大修一次?

O:It costs more than you think to run a car---especially when there are so many things wrong with it!

养一辆车比你想象的要费钱得多,特别是有很多零件都不好用的时候。

S:Well, let me know when you can get it fixed. I’d love to go for a ride in it!

你修好之后告诉我一声,我非常喜欢坐车兜风的感觉。

推荐信息