口语交际:我们对隐私的认识不一样 We hold different ideas about pri
2017-11-13来源:易贤网

P:Have you adapted to the lifestyle in China?

你适应了中国的生活方式了吗?

K:Yeah, almost. But there is one thing.

嗯,差不多,只是...

P:What?

只是什么呢?

K:I still wonder what privacy meant for Chinese people. I don't mean to say that there's no privacy in China, but...

我还是不明白隐私对中国人到底意味着什么.当然我并不是说中国没有隐私,只是...

P:What is it?

怎么了?

K:Some of my Chinese colleagues just share their personal stories in front of others.

有些中国同事在别人面前还谈论私人的事情.

P:That makes you feel uncomfortable?

让你感觉很不舒服?

K:Yeah. we never do that in a public office.

是啊.我们从来不在公共办公室里谈论私事.

P:Perhaps that's because we hold different ideas about privacy.

也许是因为我们的隐私的认识不一样吧.

K:I have felt that. One day when i was in a queue, reading a newspaper story, the man behind me peered through my shoulder and stared at the newspaper I was holding.

我已经感觉到了.有一天我排队的时候在读报纸,站在我身后的人就隔着我的肩膀,看起我手中的报纸.

P:Well, that's not rare. I've seen people reading at others' newspaper while taking a metro or a bus.

哦,这可不新奇.我就看到过有人坐地铁或公交车的时候读别人的报纸.

K:Just stare at the newspaper holding in the hands of the one next to him?

就盯着旁边那人手里的报纸那样看?

P:Yeah.

对.

K:Oh, I'm shocked.

哦,我觉得挺吃惊的.

推荐信息