口语交际:他说这些话出于无知 He made the comment out of ignoranc
2017-11-13来源:易贤网

J:What were you and Richard talking about earlier? It looked intense.

早些时候你跟理查德在谈论什么,气氛看起来有点僵呀

L:Yeah, Richard said something to me that I didn't appreciate.

噢,他讲了些让我不喜欢的事

J:Oh, no. I know how insensitive he can be. What has he done now?

不会吧,我知道他这个人常常无礼又无知,今天他怎么又做这种事了?

L:He asked me how long it took me to learn English.

他问我学习英语多少年了

J:But, you were born and raised in California!

啊,你可是土生土长的加利福尼亚人呀

L:Yeah, but I get that sometimes. It doesn't matter how many generations my family has lived in the U.S., we'll always be foreigners in their eyes.

我算是明白了,无论我家有几代人在美国生活过,在有些人的眼里,我们永远是外国人

J:What a racist! How can you stand working with the guy?

真是个种族分子!你如何能忍受与这样的家伙同事

L:You know, Richard isn't such a bad guy. He made the comment out of ignorance, not malice.

你知道的,理查德这个人不坏。他说这些话就是出于无知,而非恶意

J:So, what did you say when he asked you how long it took you to learn English?

那么当他问你学了多久英语的时候,你是如何回答他的

L:I told him 28 years. And, he knows I'm 28 years old since I just celebrated my birthday last week. He was puzzled for a minute, and then he got it.

我告诉他28年了。他显然知道我也才28岁因为上周我刚庆贺过我的生日。他一听愣了一下,随后就明白我什么意思了。

J:Are you sure he really got the message?

你确信他明白了?

L:Yeah, I'm pretty sure since I then asked him how long it took him to learn English.

是的,当我问他学习英语多久的时候,我就确信他明白我的意思了

J:That's hilarious! What did he say?

真爽,他怎么回答的

L:He said, '36 years,' and we both laughed about it. He apologized and now, it's all good.

他说,36年了。我们俩接着就都笑了。他为刚才的事道歉,现在一切都挺好

J:I'm glad. I bet he won't make that mistake again.

我觉得挺好。我相信他不应该再犯类似的错误了。

推荐信息