口语交际:你的着装与你的工作不相符 That dress doesn't match the job
2017-11-08来源:易贤网

A:Hello, Grace. That's a beautiful skirt you have on. Where are you going?

嗨,格丽斯,你穿着这么漂亮的裙子去哪里啊?

B:I am going to attend an interview.

我正打算去参加面试呢。

A:What kind of job are you applying for?

你应聘的是什么工作啊?

B:My major is English. Of course I'll apply for an English teacher.

我的专业是英语,我当然是要去应聘英语教师了。

A:Oh. That dress doesn't exactly match the job.

天啊,你的着装与你的工作不相符啊!

B:Why? You said my skirt was beautiful just now.

为什么呢?你刚才不是说我的裙子漂亮吗?

A:Yes, your skirt is really beautiful, but you are applying for a teaching position. You see, your skirt is very short, and your make up is too thick. What's more , the color of your lipstick doesn't match your skin. As a teacher, you should be a little more sedate.

你的裙子的确很漂亮,但你应聘的是教师啊!你看看,你的裙子太短了,而且你的妆化得太浓。还有,你的口红的颜色与你的肤色不配。作为教师,你应该更稳重一些。

B:Then what should I do?

那我该怎么办呢?

A:Some of my friends tell me that being a teacher, the most important is the beauty of mind. You shouldn't pay too much attention to your appearance. You should appear frugal and prudent. Your experience and knowledge will gain the appreciation of your interviewer.

我的朋友告诉我,作为一名教师,最重要的是心灵美,你不应太注意你的外表。但你也应当保持节俭和整洁的风格。你的经验和知识会赢得面试官的赞赏的。

注释:

1.sedate 庄重的; 严肃的; 不苟言笑的

2. the beauty of mind 心灵美

3. frugal 俭朴的

4. prudent 审慎的; 有先见之明的; 判断力强的

推荐信息