回家时迷路了该怎么办
2016-01-20来源:易贤网

A Well, I'm glad you're finally back. I was wondering what happened.

很高兴你终于回来了。我还在想发生了什么事。

B I feel kind of stupid.

我觉得我好笨。

A Why?

为什么?

B We got lost coming back. I guess I don't really know this town yet.

我们回来时迷路了,我对这个城镇还不太熟悉。

A You got lost. You're kidding!

你迷路了,开玩笑吧!

B No. We took a wrong turn somewhere.And Joseph doesn't know the town at all. So I started giving him directions.But I didn't really know where we were. So we got seriously lost.

没有。我们在某个地方转错方向。约瑟夫对这个城镇一点儿都不熟悉,所以我开始指路。但是我实在不知道我们在哪儿,所以当真就迷路了。

A You could have called.

你可以打电话啊。

B I know I could have. But finally we asked someone where we were.

我知道,但是最后我们终于问到人了。

A You've been gone for two hours. How could you get lost for so long?

你们出去两小时了,怎么会迷路这么久?

B Guess where we ended up.

你猜我们到哪里了。

A I don't know. Where?

不知道,哪里?

B When we finally decided to ask someone, they told us we were in Grangerfield.

当我们终于决定问人时,他们说我们在农场村。

A Grangerfield! You were in Grangerfield?That's a completely different town! How could you drive to a completely different town?

农场村!你们到了农场村?那是完全不同的城镇!你们怎么会开到完全不同的城镇?

B I don't know.The person we asked had to give us directions to the highway to get back here.

不知道。我们问的那个人要我们走高速公路回到这里来。

A Grangerfield is like a dozen miles away from here.

农场村离这里有十几哩。

B I know it is. I don't know how it happened.

我知道。我不晓得这是怎么发生的。

A Hmm, maybe I do.

也许我知道。

B What?

什么?

A Maybe I have an idea how it happened.

也许我知道这是怎么发生的。

B How?

怎么发生的?

A You were too busy looking at Joseph, and you weren't paying attention to the road.

你忙着看约瑟夫,你没专心看路。

B Oh, that's what you think, huh?

你是那么想吗?

A Yes, that's what I think.Maybe the next time you go out with him to buy groceries, you'll get lost for even longer.Maybe six hours or so.

是的,我是那么想。也许下次你和他去杂货店买东西会迷路更久也许要六个小时。

B You know what, Trish?

你知道吗,翠西?

A What?

什么?

B I hope so. I really hope so.

我希望如此,我真的希望如此。

A Hah, hah! See? I guessed right. You weren't watching the road at all.

哈哈!看吧?我猜得没错,你根本没看路。

B No, I wasn't. It's kind of hard to watch the road when Joseph is behind the wheel.

我没看路。当约瑟夫开车时,真的很难去看路.

推荐信息