AHey honey, how was your day?
亲爱的,今天过得如何?
BIt was alright. I ran into Bill and we got to talking for a while. He’s in a bit of a jam.
还行。我碰见比尔了,我们说了会儿话。他现在有些困难。
AWhy? What happened?
为什么?发生什么事了?
BWell, his son had an accident and Bill doesn’t have health insurance. This really got me thinking, and I wondered if we shouldn’t look into a couple of different HMO’s.
他儿子出了车祸,但是比尔没有医疗保险。这使我思考我们是不是应该调查下不同的医保组织。
AYeah, you’re right. We aren’t getting any younger and our kids are getting older.
你说得对。我们不再年轻,孩子也在变老。
BExactly! I searched on the web and found a couple of HMO’s with low co-pays and good coverage. The deductibles are low, too.
是啊,我在网上搜索了,找到了2家保健组织,它们的医疗费很低而且保险项目很好。扣除条款也很低。
ASounds good, although, do you think we can qualify for insurance? Those insurance companies are real pirates when it comes to money.
听起来不错,但是你认为我们适合保险吗?这些保险公司一旦涉及到钱就十分贪婪。
BWell, we don’t have any pre-existing illnesses or conditions, so we should be fine.
我们没有先天性的疾病和症状,所以应该适合保险。
AI wish our company or country provided us with healthcare.
我希望我们的公司或是单位能为我们提供医保。
BNot in a million years!
一百万年内都别指望了。
更多信息请查看口语交际